This process applies inner and outer mutes to gathers. Mutes can be hand picked or defined by angle (see Manually Picking a Mute and Creating an Angle Mute).
Create a mute gather process
- In the Control Panel, open the Process tab.
- At the tab header, click Add icon and select New Process.
- Double-click Mute Gathers.
- Type a name for the process and click OK.
Define mute gather settings
- In the Details Panel at Volume, select the gather volume to mute.
- At Inner Mute, select the mute line to mute the gather below this line.
- At Outer Mute, select the mute line to mute the gather above this line.
As a result of this process, a new muted gather volume will be available in the Volume tab.
Tip: To quickly open the output volume, right-click the process item in the Process tab and click Open Child Volume. Vice versa, you can also open the process from the Volume tab directly. To do this, right-click the volume which was created from a process (indicated in italics) and click Open Parent Process.