Create New Table
- In the Control Panel, click the Table tab.
- In the Table panel, click the blue + button and select New Table.
- The New Table window will appear.
- Click the Import Table Data button and select the preferred *.csv file in the Load Tables window.
- Save template / load template: Save / load the import configuration to a file for reuse.
Separated by delimiter:
- Use this for data values separated by a special “delimiter” character
- The delimiter is a character used to separate columns: usually a comma, tab or space character
- Select a delimiter from the list
- Collapse adjacent whitespace: treat multiple, contiguous spaces as a single column break
Override number of columns: override the automatically detected number of columns
- Each line is divided into this many columns.
- Additional text after the last column is excluded.
- Blue “+” icon: add columns
- Adjust the column width to the preferred size;
- OR click the Use mouse adjuster link to set the column width via mouse arrow.
- In the Original tab, place the mouse arrow on a divider and drag left/right to the correct column width.
- Header lines: The number of lines to skip at the start of the file. These lines are ignored.
- Missing value represented by: Store data matching any of these values as a NaN (empty) value. To match multiple values, include each one separated by a space.
Parsed: The start of the file is read and divided into fields according to the settings.
- The headers for the columns vary according to the type of data.
- See details on the import page for each type.
- Original: View the start of the file in the original format, with row and column numbers.
- If there are no errors or warnings, click OK.
- A table containing the imported data is available in the Table panel.
- Click the Open Table Viewer table to see the imported data.