The Header Extraction operation creates one or more new horizons by extracting the specified Header(s) from the selected Volume.
Where is the Header Extract operation?
Extract is found in the Map View, under the Operations tab (along with other horizon operations)
- Open the Map View.
- Expand the left panel and open the Operations tab.
- At Operation, select Header Extraction.
Tip: Click Help to read more information about this operation.
- Select the source Volume.
- Select whether to extract a regular horizon (2D or IL/CL) or X/Y horizon.
- If extracting an X/Y Horizon, select the headers to use as the X/Y Source.
- Click the blue + button to add a new row.
- Drag the dots at the left to reorder the row.
- Click the green circle icon to hide/show the horizon.
- Click the red x icon to delete the row.
- Select the Header(s) to be extracted.
- If extracting an X/Y Horizon, select the Attribute to calculate over each set of header values with the same X/Y.
- Select the Scale and Offset to apply to each header value.
- Select the Dimension of the value(s) being extracted, if any.
- If extracting multiple headers, select whether to Output Multiple horizons or a Single horizon with multiple properties.
- Click Calculate.
After running the operation:
- At Class: Choose the Display Class for the results
Use min and max from class settings (checked)
- Use amplitude ranges from the class. Update the range in the display class.
Use min and max from class settings (not checked)
- Set specific a min and max value for this result.
- Click Adjust to set the Min and Max from the extracted amplitude.
- Click Discard to cancel this calculation and delete the results.
- Click Create to create a new horizon containing the extracted values.
- Click Add property to store the result as a horizon property.