Using Sample Data
The best way to introduce the basic features and functions of Insight is through a practical hands-on demonstration. Luckily for you, we provide a sample dataset which you can use to experiment and play around with.
Simply download the sample data and load it into Insight by following the steps below.
Download a sample dataset
- From your desktop, open your preferred browser.
- Navigate to the DUG website at https://dug.com/dug-insight/download-resources/
- Click the Sample Data section.
- Click the 3D Project or 2D Project to download a zip file of the 3D or 2D sample dataset respectively.
Decompress the zip file and save it to your computer.
- By default, the directory should be called "Insight-sample-2D-project" or "Insight-sample-3D-project".
Open the sample project
- Open the DUG Insight Launcher.
- Click Open Project.
- Select the sample project directory and click Open Project.
Launch Insight for the sample project
- After selecting the sample project, select DUG Insight as the application to launch.
- Type or select the amount of memory that can be used by the application (see Allocating Memory).
- Click Launch to run Insight.
Open the sample session
- In the Control Panel, click Open Session on the Insight Start page.
- Alternatively, expand the File menu and select Open Session.
Select sample file
- In the Open session window, select the "sample" file.
- Click Open to begin exploring the sample data.
Not sure where to begin? Watch our Inside Insight videos to learn insightful essentials, and discover hundreds of fantastic tips and tricks.