About the Control Panel
Insight’s primary window is called the Control Panel. The Control Panel is used to load and manage data, open new windows, work with sessions, adjust settings, and more.
The Control Panel tabs contain all the items loaded in the current session. See Projects vs Sessions to find out more about sessions and projects in Insight.
For more information on the various tasks you can perform within the Control Panel, see:
- Creating/Importing an Item
- Creating a Folder
- Moving an Item
- Sorting Items
- Expanding/Collapsing a Folder
- Activating/Deactivating Items
- Displaying the Details Panel.
For useful shortcut keys when working with the Control Panel, see Control Panel Shortcuts.
Tip: Press SPACEBAR to display the Control Panel. This feature allows you to instantly display the Control Panel from whatever Insight view or window is currently active. For more convenient hotkeys, see the Hotkey Menu.
Overview of the Control Panel
The Control Panel includes:
- The menu bar
- Separate tabs for each type of item
And each tab contains:
- One or more objects of each type
- Folders for organisation
- Toolbar for related functions
- If an item is selected, the Details Panel shows information and options for the item
- Right-click items to show context menus with additional functions and operations
Folders are available for organising and managing items.
- Drag and drop items to move them into folders.
- Collapse/expand folders to simplify the display.