Taking Ownership of Wells
Wells in Insight have multiple components (e.g. curve sets, marker sets, time-depth pairs, etc.). Each of these components, and the well itself, can have a separate owner. Only the component owner is allowed to make changes to a component.
This helps prevent accidental modifications of the data.
When taking ownership of a well, consider whether you want to make changes to the top level well (to adjust names, datums, etc.), or to make changes to the components also.
Take Ownership of "..."
- Take ownership of just the top level well, allowing you to change the name, datums and defaults.
Take Ownership of "..." and all components.
- Take ownership of the top level well, and all components associated with the well.
To take ownership of a well:
- Go to the Well tab and right click on the particular well you want to take ownership of.
In the pop-up option panel, select:
- Take Ownership of "..." ; or
- Take Ownership of "..." and all components.
Alternatively, you can also select Configure on the pop-up option panel, or simply double click on the well name, to show the Configure Well window.
- This window will warn users of the ownership status for this well.
- Click the Take Ownership of "..." button to assume ownership of this particular well.
- The Take ownership pop-up window will appear showing the status of the well (name, the current owner and the last known save).
- Click the Take ownership button to take control of this well or click Copy to create another version of this well.
- If you select Take Ownership of "..." and all components from the pop-up option panel, a Take ownership window will appear showing all log curves available in that well also.
- Clicking the Take ownership button will give you the ownership of the well and all corresponding curves, markers, time-depth sets and deviations of the well.