Gather Amplitude Operation
Perform specified Extraction Property on selected 4D volume and 4D horizon. Some properties operate on a window of values above and below the horizon. The extraction method is the same as selecting the Property to display in the navigation bar of the Map View.
The Gather Amplitude operation is found in the Map View, under the Operations tab (along with other Horizon Operations).
- Open the Map View.
- Expand the left panel and open the Operations tab.
- At Operation, select Gather Amplitude Operation.
Tip: Click the Help icon to read more information about this operation.
- In Volume, select the 4D gather volume.
- Set the Gather Dim constraint values.
- Select the Extraction Property.
- Simple Average
- Peak Secant Amplitude
- Peak Secant Area
- Local Peak Amplitude
- Absolute Peak Amplitude
- Absolute Maximum Amplitude
- Trough Secant Amplitude
- Trough Secant Area
- Local Trough Amplitude
- Absolute Trough Amplitude
- Absolute Minimum Amplitude
- Magnitude Secant Amplitude
- Magnitude Secant Area
- Magnitude Amplitude
- Select a 4D Horizon.
- The above and below window (default 50 m/s)
- Select the 4D Operation:
- Sum: Sum of the extracted property in the 4thD direction
- Average: Arithmetic mean of the extracted property in the 4thD direction
- Min: Minimum value of the extracted property in the 4thD direction
- Max: Maximum value of the extracted property in the 4thD direction
- Single offset/angle amplitude extraction: Extracted amplitude at a single user defined 4thD value
- Click Calculate to start the operation.
After running the operation:
- At Class: Choose the Display Class for the results
Use min and max from class settings (checked)
- Use amplitude ranges from the class. Update the range in the display class.
Use min and max from class settings (not checked)
- Set specific a min and max value for this result.
- Click Adjust to set the Min and Max from the extracted amplitude.
- Click Discard to cancel this calculation and delete the results.
- Click Create to create a new horizon containing the extracted values.
- Click Add property to store the result as a horizon property.
Note: To rename the horizon, see Horizon Details and Configuration.