Creating a Polygon
- In the Control Panel, open the Polygon tab.
- At the tab header, click the blue "+" icon and select New polygon or New Fault Polygon (see Using Fault Polygons).
- Type the name of the new polygon and click OK.
- A new polygon will be added to the Polygon tree.
- Click the pencil icon and begin picking the polygon in the Map View, 3D View or any section views (i.e. IL/CL View, Arbline View).
- After a polygon point is placed, details will be updated with the Location.
- Choose a Horizon to draw the polygon at the horizon in 3D view.
- Choose the Line settings for the polygon.
- Check the Fill box to fill the polygon and choose a colour.
- Enable Show points in table to show the polygon point coordinates.
- Select a Survey to display polygon point coordinates in the corresponding survey IL/CL.
Select multiple polygons to bulk edit configurations such as selecting a horizon and adjusting view settings in the Details Panel.
To edit multiple polygons, hold down the CTRL key and select several items from the Polygon table. You can click the folder icon to select all items.
- Open any View in Insight.
Right click anywhere in the view and select Create new polygon.
- A new polygon is created in the Polygon tab.
- Editing mode is automatically enabled.
- Left click to add points (See Editing a Polygon).
- Press ESC or double-click to stop.
- To adjust the display settings, select the polygon in the Polygon tab of the Control Panel.