Groups are created and managed in the Group tab of the Control Panel. Use groups to display multiple volumes and groups simultaneously or as part of special blending operations (e.g. RGB blending).
Create selection groups to combine volumes and previously created groups for display.
When a group is selected for viewing, the volumes in the group are displayed in the order SW-11732 that they appear in the group.
Note: Selecting a volume from within a selection group to display in a view will lock scrolling to within the selection group. This allows quick toggling between volumes within the selection group using the scroll wheel.
Creating a Group (in the Group tab)
- In the Control Panel, open the Group tab.
- At the tab header, click the blue "+" icon.
- Click the preferred New Group type.
- New Display Group: Combine multiple volumes for display (see Display Groups).
- New Panel Group: Panel groups provide a way to view multiple volumes side by side (see Panel Groups).
- New RGB/CMY Group: Use special blending operations on different volumes in a group for display (see RGB and CMY Groups).
- New Selection Group: Combine volumes and groups for display (see Selection Groups).
- Type a name for the group, and click OK.
Sharing Groups between Sessions
Groups are saved in the project and can be shared with other users and sessions.
- In the Groups tab, right-click a group, and select Configure.
- Select the Shared check-box, and click OK.
Loading an Existing Group into a Session
Groups saved in a previous session are saved in the project and can be accessed in another session.
- Start a new Session. For more information, refer to Using and Managing Sessions.
- In the Groups tab, click the + icon at the top right and select Load groups already in the project.
- All the groups that have been saved in the project database will be displayed in this window. By default, the search dialog will show all items owned by everyone, shared or not. To only show items that are owned by you, or items marked as shared, select the Only shared items check-box at the bottom left of the window (see Multi-user Considerations).
- If there are many items in the project database, you can quickly search for the desired items. Typing in the Name, Owner, Notes and/or Label boxes will limit the display to items that match the text. In the table that displays the search results, select an item or multiple items that you want to add to the session.
- Click the Add to Session button to add the selected item(s) to the current session.
Adding and reordering items in group
- In the Details Panel, click the blue (+) to add a row or red ( x ) to remove.
- Select an item from the drop-down box.
- Alternatively, you can use the Insight context menu to create or add items to a group (see below).
- Click, hold and drag the left side of the volume up or down to rearrange the volumes or groups in the selection.
Note: The items in the selection are automatically displayed in the order that they appear in the group.
Using context menu to create or add items to a group
- From the Volume or Process tab, select the items(s) to group.
- Hold Shift + left click: to select a range of items.
- Hold Ctrl + left click: to select multiple individual items.
- Right-click on the selected item(s).
- Click Groups > Add to group
- Click New to create a group and add the selected item to it; or
- select an existing group.