Configuring Bubble Map
Selecting the imported bubble map under the culture tab will show bubble map settings that users can modify to display the bubble differently dynamically.
Bubbles can represent up to 3 attributes using size, colour and a value label.
Bubble Size: Often used to represent the primary attribute for comparison.
Radius: Define the radius size of the bubble.
- Default value is set as first attribute field from the import.
- Constant: Type a constant value as the bubble radius.
- Scalar: Set the scalar size.
- Radius: Define the radius size of the bubble.
Bubble Fill: Often used to represent a secondary attribute for comparison.
- Value: Default value is set as first attribute field from the import.
Fill: Defines the bubble fill
- Colour Bar: Fill the bubble with the colour from the colour bar corresponding to the value at each location.
- Solid: Fill all bubbles with one chosen solid colour.
- Line: Enable to outline the bubble with the set line colour and thickness.
- Transparency/opacity can be set ion the colour bar and solid colour settings.
Co-located Bubble Display Priority:
Display: Bubbles can overlap or co-locate. Users can choose which bubble will be displayed on top (priority of display).
- Min: Bubble with the smaller radius size will have the display priority.
- Max: Bubble with a larger radius size will have the display priority.
- If the radius is the same, bubble with the smaller value will have priority of display.
- Display: Bubbles can overlap or co-locate. Users can choose which bubble will be displayed on top (priority of display).
Annotation: Optionally used for a 3rd attribute for comparison or as a location label.
- Click the dropdown box and select any attribute or label to be annotated on the view. Set the text font, size, style and colour.