Defining Time/Depth Pairs (Wells)
Once you have defined the general information for a well (see Creating a New Well), you can add the checkshots. Insight now supports horizontal and ascending wells.
For more information on the format of a checkshot survey file, see Well Import File Formats.
- Open the T/D Pairs tab
- Import a checkshot file
- Configure import parameters for checkshots file
- Add checkshots to well
Note: To view and edit the Time/Depth Pairs in Synthetics, see Editing Time/Depth Pairs.
Open the T/D Pairs tab
- Open the T/D Pairs tab in the Configure Well window. This window is displayed once you have saved the general well information.
- In addition, you can also open this window by going to the Well tab in the Control Panel, double-click the well item and open the T/D Pairs tab.
- Click New Time/Depth Chart to add a new time/depth (checkshots) chart for the well. The Add New Time/Depth Chart window will be displayed.
Import a checkshot file
- At Data Source, select Import File to import a checkshot file, Copy Existing to copy from an existing checkshot file you have imported previously or New (Empty) if the well does not have checkshots. In this example, a checkshot file will be imported.
- At Name, type a name for the checkshots. If you do not type a name, Insight will enter the name of the checkshot file you import.
- Type any additional information about the checkshots in Notes.
- At Checkshot survey, click the Select File folder icon.
- Select the checkshot survey file for the well and click Open. By default, information of the selected file will be displayed in Notes.
- Click the Preview the file eye icon to view the file content.
- As you enter the information of the well path, you will be notified if there is any error or warning. Click the exclamation icon to see the details of the errors/warnings. Icon will turn green if there are no errors/warnings. In this example, an error is detected and you need to configure the text importer.
- Click the Configure import parameters spanner icon. See the following section.
Configure import parameters for checkshots file
See if there is any error/warning indication at the bottom of the window. Adjust the text importer accordingly by defining the column headers. Once it is error-free, click OK.
Add checkshots to well
- Once you have added a checkshot survey file and configured the import parameters, check if there is any more error or warning. Click the exclamation icon to see the details of the errors/warnings. Icon will turn green if there are no errors/warnings.
- Click OK. The checkshots added for the new well will be displayed in the T/D Pairs tab. See the following example: