Converting the CRS when importing culture
When importing culture, Insight can convert culture coordinates to the project coordinate reference system.
Note: Some image formats other than GeoTiff (including georeferenced jpg / png) require manually entering coordinates to position the image.
To load ESRI shapefiles (.shp), GeoTIFF images, Kingdom culture (.cul) files or DUG culture (.duculture) files into the project:
- Go to Control Panel > Import menu.
- Click Culture.
- Select the culture file(s) to be loaded and click Open.
- The Coordinate Reference System conversion window will be displayed.
Choose the type of coordinates for the culture file:
- Eastings / Northings (i.e. X/Ys), or
- Latitude / Longitude
- Click Convert from to select the CRS in which the culture file is defined. Coordinates will be converted from this CRS to the project CRS.
- The project CRS is defined when you create a project (see Creating a Project).
- Click OK to process the conversion.
Note: If you are importing multiple culture files at the same time, the same conversion is applied to all files.