Importing ASCII Volume
Use the ASCII volume loader to analyse and convert ASCII files to Insight's dugio format. Many ASCII files can easily be imported, but essential information is often missing or difficult to determine.
Contact [email protected] if you need any assistance.
Insight uses a top-posted interval velocity convention, i.e. an interval velocity sample defines the time that the velocity changes (the top of the interval). Other software may use a different convention. This can lead to incorrect results when loading interval velocities created elsewhere.
We recommend transferring velocity models between software packages in RMS or Average velocity. Use the Velocity Conversion process to safely convert velocities between different formats.
Launching Import ASCII Volume
- In the Control Panel, click the Import menu.
- Select Volumes > ASCII Volumes...
- The Import ASCII Volume window will appear.
Define the basic settings
- Do you want to load 2D or 3D data? — Select the data type to load.
- Is your data in time or depth? — Select Time or depth data.
- What is your data type? — Select Velocity model or other data type.
- Data format — VELF or DISKOS V98.1 / ESSO V2 / Custom (Column-based)
Click Next once you have defined the basic settings.
Genuine offer of assistance
DUG understands that importing ASCII volume data can be a confusing task.
Whether you are using a trial version or a fully-paid licence, we will help you to import your data to Insight so that you will get the maximum out of your data.
For more information, contact support at [email protected].