Backup a Project
Backup the project database
- Launch the Data Manager (see Launching the Data Manager).
- In the Data Manager window, click Backup.
Note: The project you open in the Insight Launcher will be the project that you want to backup.
Define the backup directory
- At the Backup Parent Directory field, click the folder icon on the right.
- Browse to the directory where you want to keep a copy of your project database, or create a new parent directory. Click Save.
- After selecting the parent directory, type a name for the Backup folder inside the parent directory (by default, Data Manager sets the name as the current date and time).
Select item(s) to copy
- Select the Copy dugio volumes check box to create a copy of the dugio volumes in the backup project.
- Optionally, specify the maximum size of the volumes to be copied in the Don't copy volumes larger than X MB field.
- Select the Copy horizons/Images check box to include all the horizons and images from your project in the backup project.
- Any volumes external to the project will not be included when you create a backup. To create a copy of the database with external volumes, see Clone a Project Database.
- If you do not select the Copy dugio volumes checkbox, the backup will only copy references to the existing dugio volumes instead of creating a new copy.
- When you are ready, click Create Backup to copy your project.
- Once the backup is complete, a notice will appear to confirm that the backup has been created at the path you specified.