Importing Items into the Project
Items that are not in the project database can be imported into Insight.
However, make sure the format of the items are supported by Insight. For a full list of formats accepted by Insight, see Formats accepted by Insight for import and export.
- In the Control Panel, open the Import menu.
- Select the product type (i.e. horizon, well, fault, etc) that you wish to import.
Browse and select the item(s), and click Open to add to the project.
If you are importing a product saved in a text file, see below Text Importer.
- Save the session.
Note: Imported items will not be kept in the project until a session save has been made.
Anything that you import into a project will be prompted to use the project's CRS.
See the following links to convert from the file CRS to the project CRS:
- Converting CRS when importing a survey
- Converting CRS when importing an XY horizon
- Converting CRS when importing a fault
- Converting CRS when importing a well
- Converting CRS when importing an arbline
- Converting CRS when importing a map polygon
- Converting CRS when importing a mute
- Converting CRS when importing a wavelet field
- Converting the CRS when importing culture
Insight allows you to import certain products saved in a columnar or delimited text file format (.dat extension) using the Text Importer.