This process retains or drops traces using one or more header-based constraints.
To be kept, a trace must pass any criteria for all headers. For any given header, the following rules apply in the order listed below:
- A trace is dropped if it meets any of the Exclude conditions.
- A trace is dropped if it meets none of the Include conditions (and there is at least one such Include condition).
If you use a header that fundamentally defines the volume, the output volume will reflect that constraint.
For example, applying the rule Include / INLINE / In Range / 500–600 to a 3D volume will result in an output volume with an inline range of 500–600. When you filter on other headers, the output volume extents will not change.
- In the Process tab, click the Add icon and select New Process.
- Select Trace Chooser and type a name for the process.
In the Details Panel, select the Volume to choose the traces.
- Include/Exclude — Include or exclude the data according to a constraint.
- Trace Headers — Trace headers on which the constraint is applied.
Constraint — The constraint applied to retain or drop the data. Options available are listed below:
- Greater Than
- Less Than
- In Sequence — matches a value in the provided sequence(s) (one sequence is first-last[step] and you can provide multiple comma-separated sequences
- In Range
- Modulo Equals — matches a value which, when divided by the first number, gives a remainder of the second number
- Bit is Set — matches a value with this bit set, when bit 0 is the least-significant (i.e. bit 0 corresponds to 2^0, bit 1 is 2^1, etc…).