Processes in Insight range from band-pass filtering to model building and all the way to spectral decomposition.
The results of most processes in Insight are “Process Volumes”, but there are a few exceptions (e.g. AVO Polynomial Fit, Pick Multiple Horizons, Flattener).
Process volumes have the following properties:
- Automatically created by Insight.
- Only the data required for display is calculated.
- Parameter changes take place immediately; the display is updated "on the fly".
- Appear in italics in the Volume tab.
- Can be used as inputs to other processes (as standard volumes).
- Can be exported (.dugio, SEG-Y) (as standard volumes).
Because process volumes are generated on the fly, parameter updates take place immediately. Furthermore, only the data required to update the display is calculated. This makes it fast and efficient to compare and evaluate changes to inputs and parameters.
Note: If you intend to use the process result regularly, you should export the volume to disk (see Exporting a Volume to DUG I/O). This becomes more important when examining the result of multiple processes that are chained together. You can then use the volume without a performance penalty from processing the data on the fly.
- In the Control Panel, open the Process tab.
- Click the blue + icon, and select New Process.
- Select the desired process, and click Add. In the pop-up window, you can specify a name for the process, decide if you want to share the process, and add a note. Click OK.
- Once you have finished adding the desired processes to the project, click Close.
- You can also add subsequent processes by right-clicking anywhere on the Process window and selecting New process. Alternatively, press Ctrl+N to add new processes.
- In the Create Process window, type the process name or scroll to look for a particular process.
- Click OK.
- Type a name or notes and click OK to add the process.
Note: Users with the Image Gather Processing (IGP) module can create custom processes using Python (only works on Linux).
Right-click on a process to show menu option.
- Configure: Access to the configuration window for the process
- Remove from session: Remove the process from the current user session
- New folder: Create a folder in the process panel. Existing process can be drag-and-drop into the folder.
- Copy 'process_name': Create a duplicate of the process.
- Share 'process_name': Share process with other session users.
- Relinquish Ownership of 'process_name': Remove ownership of the process for the current session user. For info about ownership, see Multi-user Considerations.
- Delete 'process_name' from project: Remove process from the project.