Defining 3D View Settings
Access the 3D View Settings by using the pop-out panel on the left edge of the 3D View.
Note: Click the blue arrow to show or hide the settings.
The Display tab defines settings that affect all aspects of the view:
- View handle colour: The colour of the window icon and the navigation markers in other views
- Background colour: The background colour of the view
- Font size and colour: Label text style and appearance
- North arrow: Display and choose the colour of the north arrow.
- X/Y grid: Show and choose the colour of the X/Y coordinate grid.
- Volume Colourbar: Display the colourbar for the currently selected volume.
- Show first only: Only show the colourbar from the first volume in a group (when displaying grouped volumes)
- Survey grids: Show survey grids. Choose colours for each survey in the Survey tab (see Defining Survey Details).
- Section markers: Show markers where the inline, crossline and horizontal-slice intersect.
- Polygons: Show or hide polygons. This is enabled by default. Clear this setting to hide all polygons in the view. Individual polygons can be shown or hidden in the Polygon tab (see Polygon Overview).
- Anchor: Show the centre of rotation centre, or “Anchor”.
- Contour lines/labels: Show contour lines and labels on the 3D view.
- Horizons: Show colourbars for the displayed horizon properties.
Volume: Show colourbars for the current volume or group.
- First only (group): Only show the colourbar of the first volume in the group.
- Well Curves: Show colourbar of well curves.
- Colourbars Annotation: See Configuring Colour Bar Annotations for more details.
- Z-scale: Apply a vertical stretch or squeeze to the data. Lower values squash data vertically, while larger values stretch the data.
- Style: Choose the style of the 3D crosshair - Cross, Star or Globe.
- Size & thickness: Choose the crosshair size and thickness.
- XY position: Include a crosshair indicating the cursor location at the surface
Horizon mesh decimation: Adjust the detail of horizon surfaces in 3D.
- Lower values result in additional detail, but requires additional memory.
- Increased decimation improves performance for large horizons.
- Decreased decimation increases the quality, but may affect performance.
- Note: Reduce the decimation setting if there is a disparity between the horizon and the seismic event on which it was picked.
- Enable lighting for horizons: Apply lighting / shading to surfaces in the 3D View. Lighting and shading can affect the performance. If navigation is slow, try disabling this option.
Note: See Well Display in Sections and 3D for more details on displaying wells.
Show wells: Show or hide all wells in the view.
- Tip: To show or hide individual wells, use the traffic light in the Wells tab of the Control Panel.
Show logs on path: Show values from log curves along the well path.
- Set the width of the displayed log
- Lathe: Show wells as sculpted cylinders, with the diameter varying according to the values of the displayed log curve.
- See the Well Settings and Display - Using Curves page
- See the Well Settings and Display - Well Charts in 3D page
- Enable check boxes to link the 3D view to other views.
- Views with links enabled will share the same line, volume, domain or position. When one view updates, any linked views will change to follow.
- See the Linking Multiple Views page.
- Toggle interpretation/s for the current view and all other views that have the interpretation/s linked to the current view. Click the “Links” tab to see view that has interpretation/s linked.
- Click “Show All Interpretations” to select or deselect all of the below available options or alternatively select or deselect each option individually.
- Alternatively, hotkeys are available:
- To toggle all types of interpretation: Ctrl+Shift+A
- To toggle only horizons: Ctrl+Shift+H
- To toggle only faults: Ctrl+Shift+F
- To toggle only polygons: Ctrl+Shift+P
- To toggle only probes: Ctrl+Shift+O