Using the Anisotropy Tool
The Anisotropy tool includes features for deriving anisotropy, which was historically available on the Synthetics window - Delta tab.
The following are some of the features of the Anisotropy tool:
- Save and reload instances in any session via the Imaging tab
- Create more than one instance per session
- Any process (such as the delta model process) that uses the delta curves produced by the tool will work across sessions
- Add many more tracks and curves, including processed curves.
- Save and load template views
- On the Control Panel, click the Tool menu.
- Click Anisotropy > New Anisotropy to open the tool.
The Settings tab allows you to set the necessary parameters to generate a delta curve. For detailed information, refer to Displaying the Delta Curve.
The Curves tab in the Anisotropy window lists all curves for the selected well, grouped by the curve class.
- Class and curve tree: Select a curve to display its details.
- Details: Class and naming information for the curve.
- Statistics: The extent and descriptive statistics for the curve values.
For more information, refer to Well Log Curves.