Bulk Operations on Fault Sticks
Select multiple fault sticks for bulk deletion, assigning, unassigning and exporting in Map View, IL/CL View, and 3D View.
Selecting Multiple Fault Sticks
- In the Control Panel, select the Fault tab.
- Click the pencil icon (picking mode) of the preferred Fault item.
- Open the Map View to see the selected fault sticks.
- Use CTRL + Left mouse button (CTRL + MB1) to select a fault stick.
- Click more fault stick while holding the CTRL button for bulk selection.
- Clicking away from the fault intersection will reset the selection.
- Selected stick(s) is shown in thicker line and highlighted circle.
- Enable picking mode for other Fault item in the Control Panel and continue selecting fault sticks of other fault(s).
- Disabling picking mode (pencil icon) after selection will still make the selection valid/active.
- Press Esc at any time to disable picking mode.
- To clear the selected fault sticks, right-click on the window, and select Clear selection.
Note: The selected fault sticks will appear highlighted on other section and 3D views.
Using Bulk Operations
Right-click on the bulk-selected fault sticks and click the desired operation:
- Assign # fault sticks to: Move selected fault sticks to the enable Fault item.
- Unassign # fault sticks to: Unassigned selected fault sticks and put it back to Unassigned sticks (TWT/TVD).
- Delete # fault stick: Delete selected fault stick(s).
- Export # fault stick: Export selected fault sticks (see Exporting a Fault).
- Clear selection: Clear the currently selected sticks.
Bulk Selection Using Polygon
- Enable the fault intersection display in Map View.
- Go to Map View > Display tab. In the Faults section, click Fault Intersection and select Both.
- Right-click on the map and select Create selection polygon.
- Pick a selection polygon that covers the whole fault sticks.
- Right-click on the picked selection polygon and click Selection region > Select > Select all fault sticks in the polygon.
- This will select (appear as bold) all the fault sticks in the selection polygon that intersects the time slice set in Map View.
- Browse/scroll through the TWT to ensure all fault sticks are selected.
- Right-click again on the selected fault sticks and then assign them to a new/existing fault.
- Right-click on the bulk-selected fault sticks, and select Clear selection to reset the selection for the next operation.