Creating a Mute Table
- In the Control Panel, open the Mute tab.
- At the tab header, click the + icon, and select New Mute Table.
- Type a name for the table, and click OK.
- Horizon (optional): In the Details Panel, select the horizon associated with the mute functions. If a horizon is not specified, only a single mute function can be defined. If specified, then multiple mute functions can be defined, with each mute function associated with a single horizon value. The mute function for an arbitrary horizon value is computed by linear interpolation.
- Mute function table: Define mute functions using TWT (ms) and Offset (m) parameters. If a horizon is specified, then an additional column for the associated Horizon value must be specified.
XY source: Only required if a horizon is specified. This determines which XY header of a trace is used to derive the horizon value. The following are the available options:
- CMP X/Y location
- Receiver location
- Source location
- Line: Select your preferred colour and thickness for the mute curve shown on gather sections.