For each gather, set samples to zero based on a polygon. Choose to mute inside or outside the polygon region.
Specify multiple polygons to apply a spatially varying mute. The muted region will be interpolated between the listed polygons. Each included polygon must be at a distinct gather location.
Apply multiple Polygon Mute processes to mute different regions within the gathers.
Polygons must contain only a single shape.
- In the Process tab, click the Add icon and select New Process.
- Select Polygon Mute and type a name for the process.
- In the Details Panel, choose an input gather volume.
- At Mute Type, select whether to remove the data inside our outside the polygon. As a prerequisite, a polygon is required for this process (see Creating a Polygon).
- Input a vertical and/or gather taper.
- The polygon mute can also be adjusted to hang off a horizon or a header. If either is chosen, select a horizon or header respectively from the drop down list. Otherwise, select None.
- Click the Add icon to select one or more gather polygons (polygon must be picked in gather domain). If more than one polygon is chosen, a header must be selected to interpolate between polygons. First listed polygon will have priority — polygons can be moved by clicking and dragging the polygons in the list.