Manual Picking (Mute)
Create a mute item
- In the Control Panel, go to the View menu and open the Gather View.
- Select the gather volume to be displayed in the view.
- In the Control Panel, open the Mute tab.
- At the tab header, click the Add icon and click New Hand Drawn Mute.
- Type a name for the mute and click OK.
Select mute line colour and thickness
- In the Details Panel, select the colour and thickness for the mute line at Line.
- Select the Show on Map check box to display the location of the mute in the Map View.
Pick mute line
- In the Gather View, navigate to a chosen inline/crossline.
- In the Mute tab, click the Pick mute pencil icon at the mute item row to enable the edit mode and start picking the mute line in the Gather View.
- Click to add points in the Gather View as you draw the mute. Right-click to delete points. Once you have defined a mute, you can change your inline/crossline coordinates. The mute will appear as a dashed line. You may want to draw more mute lines at different inline/crossline coordinates.
- If you want to delete a mute you have defined, click the Pick mute pencil icon at the mute item row in the Mute tree to exit the editing mode and right-click anywhere on the mute line in the Gather View and click Remove Mute Here. This option is only available when you are at the inline/crossline coordinates where you have actually created a mute, as represented by a solid line.