How Insight detects the Petrel installation
When you run the installer, the Setup Wizard will automatically check if Petrel is installed in your machine. The way it does that is by running a "set" command and searching for the Ocean201XHome environment variable.
If you have multiple versions of Petrel installed on one machine, Insight will install the plugin to all detected Petrel versions.
If the installer detects that variable, it will give you the option to install the Petrel Link during the setup (see Downloading and Installing Insight on Windows).
If Petrel is installed in your machine, but the system is unable to detect the Ocean201XHome line, the system variable name or path might be different. To check and/or change the variable:
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security and then click on System.
- On the left sidebar, select Advanced system settings.
- In the System Properties window, click on Environment Variables.
- Look for the variable that is registered when Petrel was installed.
Click Edit to change the path stored in a variable:
- Update the path to match the Petrel installation directory.
- Click New to add a new variable (and path), if your current Petrel version is not listed.
- Run the installation again.
Note: If there are multiple versions of Petrel installed in the machine, Insight will find all versions of the Ocean201XHome environment variable to install the Petrel Link.
If you are still unable to install or connect using the Petrel Link, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at [email protected].