How do I colour a volume differently between horizons?
This workflow allows for flexibility in colouring the different stratigraphy in your volume.
- Create a Volume Maths process. In this example, we name it "Layer Fill".
- Add each of the horizons to define the layers. It will be easier if the horizons are correctly sequenced.
Construct an if statement using the following structure:
- if TWT above A, use value 1, otherwise
- if TWT above B, use value 2, otherwise
- if TWT above C, use value 3, otherwise use value 4
The actual formula looks like this:
if (twt_ms < h1, 1, if (twt_ms < h2, 2, if (twt_ms < h3, 3, 4) ) )
- Finally, choose a nice colourbar and set the range from 0 or 1 to your maximum value.
- If you would like to overlay the results, create a group containing the "Layer Fill" virtual volume, put that layer at the top of the group, and adjust its transparency in the class settings.
Here are the results achieved using a quick test: