How do I find out the area and volume of a polygon?
You can obtain the area and volume of a created polygon from the Map View (see Measuring in the Map View).
- In the Map View, open the Geometry tab.
- Under Region, select the polygon you wish to use.
- In the Results section, select the Area check box to calculate the area in the polygon.
- To find the volume within a polygon, select a Horizon in the navigation bar of the Map View.
- Open the Geometry tab and select the polygon you wish to use.
- In the Vertical Extents section, define the Top and Base boundaries using a constant or a horizon, or both.
- Select the Volume check box in the Results section to calculate the volume.