How do I create a survey without loading SEG-Y files
- Open the navigation file and copy one of the line names.
- Launch SEG-Y Loader.
- In Select 2D SEG-Y Files, click on Add files to add any SEG-Y file.
- Under Survey Line Name type in the name of one of 2D lines
- This is to have the line match the name in the navigation file
- In Specify the byte locations of headers choose Select an existing survey, import navigation, or enter tie points manually.
- In Load Navigation Data Files browse to select the navigation file.
- In Survey choose Create new survey called and provide a name.
- By clicking Next the survey will be created.
- Quit the SEG-Y Loader.
- Load the survey in Insight.
If you already have the volume in Insight, you can replace its survey or if the volume to be imported select the survey when prompted.