How do I change Insight's default directory?
By default, Insight saves its data into the local project folder. If you wish to set a separate default location to save or load your data for convenience, you can change the default by following the steps below.
Note: Please exit Insight prior to making any changes to the project file. Relaunch Insight after saving and closing the project file.
- Locate and open the project directory in the local disk.
- Right-click the dug.project file and open with any text-based editing software.
- Under directories, replace the folder names at the second column with the desired path surrounded by double quotes.
- When you are done, click on File and select Save.
- This will change the import/export/save defaults to the location specified.
The example above changes the default path for seismic volumes. After editing the dug.project file, every time the user wants to import or export a volume, Insight will open the desired directory as the default. This just changes the default path; the user can still browse and save the volume at another location.