How do I dynamically update an Isochron Map?
Use Volume Maths to create a volume based on the Isochron values and then extract them onto the horizon. As you make edits to the horizon map, Insight will dynamically update the volume.
- Go to the Process tab and add a Volume Maths process.
- Add two horizons with the "+" in the Volume Maths panel and select horizons for h1 and h2 respectively e.g. Top and Base horizons for Isochron.
- Use the formula h1-h2 in the Formula text box. This will create an Isochron volume.
- Go to the View menu and display the volume in IL/CL View, with horizons overlaid.
- Display a horizon you wish to drape the isochron onto in Map View.
- Click ther Operations tab and perform amplitude extraction (learn about Amplitude Extraction).
- Create a Group with Isochron volume and Full Stack and set the Isochron volume opacity (in class) to mid (read about Creating a Group and Class Opacity).
- Edit anomalous values directly on the input horizons and the Volume and extraction will dynamically update.