Capturing Detailed Images for Reports
Saving high resolution images in Insight is great for:
- Displaying regional 2D lines
- Saving images that may be cropped or zoomed later
- Presenting data on high resolution displays or printing with a high-DPI printer
In this example, we’ll save a 400 km 2D seismic section at a seven times display resolution, giving an output image 5264 pixels wide - detailed enough for almost any purpose.
- Click the Camera icon at the top left of the window.
- This starts the capture selection mode.
a. Move the mouse cursor over the area to capture.
b. A highlighted region follows the mouse pointer.
c. Press space-bar (or right-click) as many times as you need to increase the capture area.
d. Move the mouse again to reset the capture area.
e. When you left-click, the highlighted region will be captured.
- After clicking, the Screen Capture window appears. Increase the scale to 7x and click OK.
- Choose a file name and location and click save.
If you’re working on a presentation in another program, hold down CTRL when clicking the Camera icon. Instead of saving to a file, the capture goes straight onto the clipboard. It’s perfect for pasting straight into a document!