How do I send the Petrel message log?
If you are experiencing problems working in Petrel with Insight, sending us your Petrel message log could help give us a better idea as to the nature of the problem.
Follow the steps below to enable Petrel's message log, and copy the text inside.
- In Petrel, go to the View menu.
- Select Panes.
- Click on Message Log and make sure that it is toggled on.
- Locate the Message Log window.
- Click on the Copy text icon (second icon from the left at the top of the Message Log window) to copy all the text to the clipboard.
- Open your email and compose a new email. Address the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the main body, right-click and select Paste, or press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the text.
- If you have a support number, please indicate it in the subject. Write a brief description of the issue.
The more we know about the problem, the easier it is for us to help you!