How can I calculate pseudo-impedance from seismic data?
You can calculate pseudo-Impedance which can be used as a quick-look approximation of actual impedance.
- Load a seismic stack from the Volume tab e.g. "Stack".
- Calculate pseudo-impendance by using the Volume Integration process. Go to the Process tab and add a new Volume Integration process e.g. "PseudoImp-Raw".
- Select the earlier loaded stack as Volume and set the method as Integration.
- Apply a bandpass filter to remove low-frequency bias. in the Process tab, add a Band-Pass Filter process.
- Select the volume created from the Volume Integration process e.g. "PseudoImp-Raw".
- Select "High-pass" as the type and the frequency range of 4 to 8 (adjust according to seismic bandwidth).
An example comparing the log relative-impedance to pseudo-impedance and a band-limited impedance (from 3 stacks).