"Error opening file for writing" when installing Petrel Link
When you install Petrel for the first time, your machine will register Ocean2013Home at the installed location. Any plugins (including the Petrel Link) that you attempt to install will automatically look for that path.
Changing the environment variable
To changed the registered path:
- From the Start menu, open the Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security and then click on System.
- On the left sidebar, select Advanced system settings.
- In the System Properties window, click on Environment Variables.
- Look for the Ocean2013Home system variables and select Edit.
- Type the path where Petrel is now located and click OK.
- Run the installation again.