View Menu and Displays
The View menu in the Control Panel allows you to open the different views in Insight to display your data. The availability of the different views depend on the data you have in the session. For example, if you do not have a gather volume loaded, the Gather View option will not be enabled in the View menu. Multiple windows of the same view can be opened to display different volumes/lines.
All views are linked with regard to zoom, navigation and data selection. For example, when you move to a new inline/crossline (IL/CL) location in one view, all other views that display the same volume will get updated simultaneously. The green crosshair shows the current position of the mouse pointer on all the views, and can help maintain spatial awareness.
- In the Control Panel, open the View menu.
Click on the relevant view to display your data:
- Map View — This displays a plan view of the data with optional map annotations. Mapping and most horizon operations are performed in this view, via the tabs on the left (see Using the Map View and Customising the Map View).
- Arbline View — This view displays data extracted along an arbline (see Using the Arbline View).
- Arbline SD View — This view displays a flat projection of a selected arbline at the top panel and its corresponding 2D/3D spectral decomposition volume at the bottom panel of the view (see Using the Arbline SD View).
- IL/CL View — This view displays IL and CL sections of a 3D survey (see Using the IL/CL View).
- Gather View — This is a specialised view for gather data, including multiple gathers along the IL and CL (see Using the Gather View).
- IL/Gather/CL View — This view displays the IL and CL sections of a volume on the left and right panels, and the gather volume in the middle panel. It is a combined view of the IL/CL View and Gather View.
- IL/CL SD View — This view displays the IL and CL sections of a 3D survey and a view of the frequency data. This view requires a frequency gather volume. (See Spectral Decomposition to see an example of the IL/CL SD View.)
- 2D Line View — This view displays flat projections of 2D lines, and is only available if you have loaded a 2D survey (see Using the 2D Line View).
- 2D Gather View — This view displays gather data along the 2D line/CMP. This view option is only available if you have loaded a 2D gather volume (see Using the 2D Gather View).
- 2D Line SD View — This view displays flat projection of 2D line with a bottom panel that displays the 2D spectral decomposition volume (see Using the 2D Line SD View).
- Gather Picking Panel — This panel allows you to pick any value on a gather at any time/depth for use in the Picked Function Model (see Using the Gather Picking Panel).
- 3D View — This option allows you to view and and manipulate data in a fully 3D display. It requires OpenGL, and may not be available on older systems or when using some remote desktop products. For a smooth 3D View performance, your video card should have the minimum specifications as described in Video Card Requirements.
- New Single Well View — This view displays single wells and the correlation to their respective tracks (see Using Single Well View).
- New Well Correlation — This view displays the wells and the correlation at their respective markers (see Displaying Well Correlation).
- Well Markers Table — This view displays the markers data in a spreadsheet (see Opening Marker Classification Sheet).
- XHair Values — This will open a window showing information about the locations of the mouse pointer crosshairs. These include navigation coordinates such as IL/CL, X/Y and/or 2D line coordinates, latitude/longitude coordinates (as available), TWT and/or TVD, sample values of every activated volume, and the TWT, measured depth and selected curve value of the nearest well. Press Ctrl + 1 to copy the contents of this window to the clipboard. (see Using XHair Values)
- Product Extents Table — This view displays the X/Y, IL/CL and TWT/TVDSS extents for all the products in your session (see Product Extents Table).
- Headers — This view displays the SEG-Y headers and the corresponding values of a specific volume at the crosshair location. In the Headers window, select the volume that you want to view the SEG-Y headers. The header values will change as you move the crosshair in the view.
- Crossplots — The list of crossplots you have created will be displayed (see Creating a Crossplot). Select a crossplot to open it in a window.