Working with Well Markers and Tops
Use the Well Markers Table (a classification sheet of well markers) to view and edit the markers and tops in a spreadsheet format. See Defining Well Markers, Managing Well Components and Selecting Default Well Components for more details.
The Well Markers Table can be exported as a .csv or .txt file. Insight will export all the markers shown in the table.
Note: You can only edit the markers if you are the owner of the active marker set for a specific well. If you are not the owner, you must first take ownership of the active set (see Taking Ownership of Wells), create your own set (see Add a new Marker Table), or choose another marker set to be active (see Import a Marker File).
Open Well Markers Table
- In the Control Panel, go to the View menu.
- Click Well Markers Table.
- In the Control Panel, open the Well tab and select the intended well.
- In the Details Panel, under the Markers section, click Open Marker Spreadsheet.
Using the Well Markers Table
In the Well Marker Table header:
- Green/Amber circle (Show/Hide All) — At the top left corner, click this to show/hide all the well markers of the visible wells in the section, 3D and well correlation views.
- Domain Selector — Show marker units in MDKB, TVDSS or TWTSS.
- Well Selection — Show well(s) unit value of all visible wells or wells near a selected arbline.
- Enable Editing — Click the Edit markers check box to create markers and/or edit the marker names and values directly in the Well Markers Table.
- Export — Export the Well Markers Table as a .csv or .txt file.
In the Well Marker table rows:
- Green/amber circle (Show/Hide) — At a specific row, click this to show/hide the well markers in the section, 3D and well correlation views. Use this feature to view important markers on the wells, especially for wells with many markers.
- Layer — Select/clear this check box to display/hide specific lithology layers in Well Correlation. You should first display a marker before you can display the corresponding layer that is topped by the well marker.
- Marker — The name of the well markers.
- Avg MDKB/TVDSS/TWT — The average MDKB/TVDSS/TWT of the wells for each marker.
- Colour — Click to change the line colour of well markers in Well Correlation. Assign different colours to differentiate various markers.
- Lithology — Click to assign colour and/or pattern to represent different lithology formations in Well Correlation.
- Wells — Markers data for each well. These values come from the marker files of the wells loaded in Insight.
Updating markers using the table
- To edit the well markers, select the Edit markers check box.
To create a well marker:
- Click the blank area at the bottom of the Marker column, OR
- Enter a name,
- Enter the value for each well.
- To delete a marker:
- In the well column, right-click on the marker value and select Delete Marker 'name...'.
- Click OK to delete.
- To change a marker:
- At each well, enter a new value, OR
- Edit directly in the Well Correlation View, OR
- Edit directly in Section View.
Exporting the Well Markers Table
The Well Markers Table can be exported as a .csv or .txt file by clicking Export at the top right corner of the window.
Insight will export all the markers in the Markers table, regardless of their show/hide status.