Curve tracks display well curves and extracted curves from volumes. A curve track can display one or more curves, or be left empty to display marker and horizon annotations.
A distinct curve type exists to highlight cross-over between two curves. Read more about using Crossover Fill Curves.
Adding Curve Tracks
- In the Track panel, click the blue "+" icon and select Add Curve Track.
- A new curve track is created in the tree and is shown in the view.
- Select or click the curve track to show details and change settings.
- Set the curve track title (for the track header)
- Adjust the track width
- Set a track background colour
Under Axis Settings
- Show grid lines: Toggle grid lines on/off
- On top: Draw grid lines on top of curves
Value axis: How to set the horizontal value range
- All curves share value axis; or
- Curves have independent value axes
- Use value axis from: Choose the curve to use for the range (if shared)
- Grid lines: Set the number of grid lines to show
- Choose the marker and horizon information to display
Tip: You can change the Appearance, Axis Settings and/or Markers for multiple tracks at once by selecting several tracks first, then updating the options.
Adding Curves to Tracks
There are several ways to add curves to tracks:
For well curves:
- In the Curves tab, drag a curve into the track.
- In the Curves tab, right-click the curve and select Add to track. Click the track where this curve will be added to.
- In the Tracks tab, right-click track and select Add well curve.
Add Curves using Drag-n-Drop
- Select a curve from the Well Curves tab.
Drag-and-drop the curve into the tracks window.
- Dropping the curve into an empty space creates a new track.
- Dropping the curve onto an existing track adds the curve to the track.
Note: Curves are displayed in the order they are listed in the track panel. Drag curves up/down in the Curve Track to change the displayed order.
Add Curves using the Curves Tab
- Click the Well Curves tab.
To include more than one curve to the track, press CTRL+left click and pick the relevant curves to be included to the track.
- Note: The name of the first curve selected will be used as the default title for the track.
- Press right-click and select Add to track and pick an existing track or a New track.
Add curves from track
- To add well curves, right click Curves: [curve track name] and select Add well curve…
- Select the type of curve from the Class drop-down menu.
- Curve class can be modified by clicking on the colour bar as well as the Mnemonic and Title.
Note: Dragging a track up/down in the Tracks tab also re-arranges the vertical track on the right.
Displaying curves extracted from volumes
To display the values from a volume, extracted along the well path:
- Right click Curves: [curve track name] and select Add curve extracted from volume
- Select the new Extracted curve to show the settings.
- At Volume, select the data to extract from and set the title
- Update the display settings in the Value axis and Line/Fill settings (see Curve Display Settings)