Settings for Section Views
View settings provide control over the display and behaviour of a view. They include wells, annotations, intersections, scale and linked-window controls.
To open the View Settings window, right-click in any section view and select Display settings > Configure.
The Display tab contains scale and other settings affecting the view.
- When a new view is opened in Insight, it is assigned a colour. This colour is used to highlight the location of this view in other windows.
- The window icon matches the view colour
- Click the colour box to change the colour
- Horizontal Scale: set the ratio for the horizontal axes (IL and CL, or CMP). The values use the preferred display unit (see View > Preferences).
- For 3D Volume: Enable Lock inline and crossline scale to scale and zoom the IL/CL axes together.
- Vertical Scale: set the ratio for the vertical axis (time or depth).
- Show Shotpoint instead of CMP axis, when available: Use the shotpoint values if available.
- Click the lock icon to lock the horizontal/vertical zoom scale.
- When locked, zooming or changing scale for the view is disabled.
Annotations are decorations drawn over a view. These include scale bars, colour bars and markers for intersecting views and lines.
- Panel: Display and set the annotation's panel placement on the section view.
- Scale Bar : Display a scale bar. Select the position to place the scale bar in the view. The scale bar will use the preferred Display Unit as defined in Control Panel > Tool > Preferences.
- Colour Bars: See Configuring Colour Bar Annotations for more details.
Views and Intersections:
- Navigation Markers: Display the red navigation lines (markers) showing the location of related views.
- Intersecting lines : Display the locations of intersecting 2D, 3D and arblines.
- Intersecting line labels : Display and configure labels for the line intersections.
In some views, right-clicking the intersecting lines displays additional actions:
- Open new views for 2D lines by right clicking and selecting "New 2D view for...".
- In a 2D view, switch to an intersecting line by right clicking and selecting "Switch to...".
Note: To show shotpoint instead of CMP, see Displaying Shotpoint Data for 2D Lines.
Horizontal Grid Lines
Use horizontal grid lines to annotate vertical positions in the view.
The headers graph displays trace headers and other information in a graph above a section view.
Views with linked parameters automatically follow changes in other views. Uncheck options for an independent view that does not follow any changes.
Customise the display of wells in the view using the Wells tab. Choose between using the settings in the Control Panel, or a custom display using a curve or templates for each view.
See Well Display in Sections and 3D for more details on displaying wells.
Toggle interpretation/s for the current view and all other views that have the interpretation/s linked to the current view.
In order to see if a view has interpretation/s linked, go to the “Links” tab
The list of interpretation/s can vary with different views. The user can select “Show All Interpretation/s”, which will select or deselect all of the below available options or alternatively select or deselect each one individually.
Alternatively, hotkeys are available:
- To toggle all types of interpretation: Ctrl+Shift+A
- To toggle only horizons: Ctrl+Shift+H
- To toggle only faults: Ctrl+Shift+F
- To toggle only polygons: Ctrl+Shift+P
- To toggle only probes: Ctrl+Shift+O
Use the Snapshots tab to manage snapshot settings for a window or view.
See Using Snapshots for more details on snapshots.