Working with Templates
In Single Well View and Well Correlation View, the configured tracks and curves are saved as templates. Templates contain all the settings and information required to recreate a well view. Share templates between sessions, projects and users to reuse well displays and save time creating custom views.
Insight uses two main views for displaying well data:
- Single Well: Display detailed information, settings and components for a single well
- Well Correlation: Display logs and information for multiple wells
In Single Well View, use the well selection drop-down in the Navigation bar of the view.
In Well Correlation View, choose the well selection method:
- Show all visible wells.
- Show visible wells near arbline: Show visible wells near a selected arbline.
Show selected wells: Choose specific wells to include in the view.
- Click the blue “+” button to add wells
Templates contain all the settings and information required to recreate a well view. Share templates between sessions, projects and users to reuse well displays and save time creating custom views.
- Load Template: Select a template from the list and use it in the display
- Undo/Redo: Remove or reinstate changes made to the current view
Update: Update the template to match the current view
- Other views and sections using the template will be updated.
Save As: Save the current template with a new template name
- Name: Enter a name for the new template
- Replace: Choose an existing template to replace its settings
- Import: Import a template from a file
Export: Export a template to a file, or the default templates folder.
- Include in defaults: If enabled, the template is saved to the default templates for the project. Default templates are automatically included in all sessions.
Note: Insight will prompt you to save the Well Template when you exit the Well View window. Click Yes to close without saving or No to return to the window.
Use View settings to configure the general settings for the view.
- (For Single Well View) Well name: show well name on the track header.
- Fit width: stretch or squeeze the track(s) to fit the width of the view
Header/Footer height: set the size of the track headers and footers; and
- These can also be adjusted interactively
- Font and Font style: set the default font, size, and style
- Vertical axis values: adjust to increase or decrease the number of time/depth line annotations.
- Major / Minor lines: Set the width and colour of the major and minor grid lines.
- Marker line thickness: Set the thickness of well marker line annotations.
- Use marker colour for labels: If enabled, each marker is drawn using its own colour.