Once you have created a copy of a project database and made changes in the copy, you can synchronise this project with the project database from which it was copied. This is useful if you have split a project to a child database and then decide to merge the child back to the parent database.
Available in: Data Manager module
Click Synchronise in Data Manager
- Launch the Data Manager (see Launching the Data Manager).
- In the Data Manager window, click Synchronise.
Note: The project you open in the Insight Launcher will be the project that you want to synchronise with another project.
Select another project directory to be synchronised
- Click Child Project.
- Select a project directory that you want to synchronise with from the list of project directories. Alternatively, click More to browse to another project directory.
- When you are ready, click Synchronise to synchronise your project with the child project.
- A notice will appear in red to confirm that the synchronisation is complete.
Note: Data Manager can only synchronise between project copies that were made with the Clone operation.