Troubleshooting: Windows services SQL Server (SMTKINGDOM) and SQL Server Browser Are Running
As a troubleshoot to ensure Insight can link to the Kingdom's SQL database, check that Windows services for SQL Server (SMTKINGDOM) and SQL Server Browser are running.
Check that Windows services SQL Server (SMTKINGDOM) and SQL Server Browser are running
- Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
- Click on System and Security.
- Select Administrative Tools.
- Double-click Services to open the Services window.
- Make sure the status of SQL Server (SMTKINGDOM) and SQL Server Browser are showing as Started.
- If not, right-click the service and click Start.
Tip: You can set SQL Server (SMTKINGDOM)** and SQL Server Browser to automatically run every time you turn on your computer. To do this, right-click on the service, click on Properties and select Automatic at Startup type.
If you are still having trouble connecting to Kingdom, see Enable TCP/IP in the SQL Server.
** The instance can have any name applied. For users with Kingdom already installed the instance name will be, by default, SMTKINGDOM. Users with a fresh Insight install will be named DUGINSIGHT.