Picking in IL/CL View (Polygon)
This lesson describes steps to pick a polygon on an IL/CL section in the IL/CL VIew.
Pick polygon points in IL/CL View
- Create a polygon as explained in Creating a Polygon.
- At the polygon item row, click the Pick polygon pencil icon to enable the picking mode. This icon will be disabled if you are not the owner of the polygon (see Multi-user Considerations).
- In the IL/CL View, make sure you are at the IL/CL and time/depth domain that you wish to create the polygon. Adjust the IL/CL and domain by changing the values in the Navigation Bar in the IL/CL View.
- In the section view, click to define the perimeter of the polygon. Right-click to finish picking.
- Right-click an existing point to delete it.
- To move an existing point, click the point and click on a new location to place the point there.
- To add a new point from the point you have just moved, continue to click at another location to place the new polygon point.
- Right-click to end picking the points.
- To add a new shape to the existing polygon product, click at a new location and begin picking.
- To move a polygon, press Shift and click inside the shape to drag it to a new location
- To exit the picking mode, click the Pick polygon pencil icon. Alternatively, double-click or press Esc to disable polygon picking in the IL/CL View.
- At any time during your session, you can edit or delete polygon points or shapes by enabling picking mode or by changing the coordinates in the Details Panel (see Editing a Polygon).
The line and survey on which the polygon has been defined will be displayed in the polygon Details Panel. However, unlike a time-/depth-slice polygon, these cannot be changed.