Groups are created and managed in the Group tab of the Control Panel. Use groups to display multiple volumes and groups simultaneously or as part of special blending operations (e.g. RGB blending).
Create selection groups to combine volumes and previously created groups for display.
When a group is selected for viewing, the volumes in the group are displayed in the order that they appear in the group.
Note: Selecting a volume from within a selection group to display in a view will lock scrolling to within the selection group. This allows quick toggling between volumes within the selection group using the scroll wheel.
Creating a Group (in the Group tab)
- In the Control Panel, open the Group tab.
- At the tab header, click the blue "+" icon.
- Click the preferred New Group type.
- New Display Group: Combine multiple volumes for display.
- New RGB/CMY Group: Use special blending operations on different volumes in a group for display.
- New Selection Group: Combine volumes and groups for display.
- Type a name for the group.
- Click OK.
Adding and reordering items in group
- In the Details Panel, click the blue (+) to add a row or red ( x ) to remove.
- Select an item from the drop-down box.
- Alternatively, you can use the Insight context menu to create or add items to a group (see below).
- Click, hold and drag the left side of the volume up or down to rearrange the volumes or groups in the selection.
Note: The items in the selection are automatically displayed in the order that they appear in the group.
Using context menu to create or add items to a group
- From the Volume or Process tab, select the items(s) to group.
- Hold Shift + left click: to select a range of items.
- Hold Ctrl + left click: to select multiple individual items.
- Right-click on the selected item(s).
- Click Add [item_name] to group...
- Click a New Group type to create a group and add the selected item to it; or
- select an existing group to add to.