Using the Measuring Tool
- Right-click anywhere on the map view and select Add Measurement.
- Click once to start the measurement.
- Click again to end the measurement.
- The distance between the points is shown (using the units set in Preferences)
- The azimuth from North included for Map View.
- After placing the first point:
- Hold SHIFT to lock the angle of the measurement to exact 45 increments, e.g. 0, 45, 90.
- Hold CTRL to lock the measurement to round numbers e.g. 2000ms, 3km, 4km.
- Hold SHIFT + CTRL to lock angles and use round numbers.
- To remove one measurement:
- Right-click on the measurement and choose Remove This Measurement.
- To remove all measurements from the current view:
- Right-click in the view and choose Remove All Measurements.