Create Gather Horizon from Non-Gather Horizon
Use this operation to add a gather dimension to a 2D or 3D horizon. The result will be a horizon with a single value for all positions in the gather.
Note: The Calculate button is disabled if the horizon is waiting for another operation (such as propagation). Insight notifies you to complete the previous operation before continuing.
Where is the Create Gather Horizon ... operation?
The Create Gather Horizon from Non-Gather Horizon operation is found in the Map View, under the Operations tab (along with other horizon operations).
- Open the Map View.
- Expand the left panel and open the Operations tab.
- At Operation, select Create Gather Horizon from Non-Gather Horizon.
Tip: Click the Help icon to read more information about this operation.
Configuring Create Gather Horizon operation
- In the navigation bar, select the horizon to convert.
Select a gather Dimension for the horizon.
- Offset (m) or (ft)
- Frequency (Hz)
- Angle (°)
- Rotation Angle (°)
Enter a Gather Extent (the range of gather positions)
- Use the format: Min - Max [Increment].
- Click Calculate to start the operation.
Completing the operation
After running the operation:
- At Class: Choose the Display Class for the results
Use min and max from class settings (checked)
- Use amplitude ranges from the class. Update the range in the display class.
Use min and max from class settings (not checked)
- Set specific a min and max value for this result.
- Click Adjust to set the Min and Max from the extracted amplitude.
- Click Discard to cancel this calculation and delete the results.
- Click Create to create a new horizon containing the extracted values.
- Click Add property to store the result as a horizon property.
Note: By default, the new horizon will be named: “extent_value IL/CL (across gather_dimension)”. For example, the operation above will yield a new horizon called "1,000 ms IL/CL (across Offset (m))". To rename the horizon, see Horizon Details and Configuration.