Create Constant Horizon
Use this operation to create a horizon at a constant time or depth.
- Where is the Create Constant Horizon operation?
- Configuring the Create Constant Horizon operation
- Completing the operation
Note: The Calculate button is disabled if the horizon is waiting for another operation (such as propagation). Insight notifies you to complete the previous operation before continuing.
Where is the Create Constant Horizon operation?
Create Constant Horizon is found in the Map View, under the Operations tab (along with other horizon operations).
- Open the Map View.
- Expand the left panel and open the Operations tab.
- At Operation, select Create Constant Horizon.
Tip: Click the Help icon to read more information about this operation.
Configuring the Create Constant Horizon operation
- Enter a Value for the horizon.
- Select the Vertical dimension to use.
- At Area, select a polygon/probe to constrain the operation.
- Enter the Spacing (m) (grid cell size, or increment) for the horizon.
- Select the Survey to use.
- Choose <<X/Y>> for a regularly spaced grid without a survey.
Extents are calculated from the selected area, survey and spacing.
- If a 3D survey is selected, the spacing is converted to an IL and CL step size.
- Optionally, select a Gather dimension and enter the Gather Extents.
- Select Fault Polygon to prevent the horizon from being created inside the selected fault polygon (see Using Fault Polygons).
- Click Calculate to start the operation.
Completing the operation
After running the operation:
- At Class: Choose the Display Class for the results
Use min and max from class settings (checked)
- Use amplitude ranges from the class. Update the range in the display class.
Use min and max from class settings (not checked)
- Set specific a min and max value for this result.
- Click Adjust to set the Min and Max from the extracted amplitude.
- Click Discard to cancel this calculation and delete the results.
- Click Create to create a new horizon containing the extracted values.
- Click Add property to store the result as a horizon property.
Note: By default, the new horizon will be named: “constant_value survey/gathers”. For example, the operation above will yield a new horizon called "1,000 ms IL/CL". To rename the horizon, see Horizon Details and Configuration.