The Edges process highlights changes in the movement and direction of the vectors in a dips volume. It is one method of visualising discontinuities based on structure, i.e. faults and flexures. The process uses a Sobel operator to identify the changes in the dip vectors.
- In the Control Panel, open the Process tab.
- At the tab header, click the Add icon and select New Process.
- Double-click Edges.
- Type a name for the process and click OK.
- In the Details Panel, select the dips volume from which you want to generate edges at Dip Volume.
- At Input Volume, select the volume that you want to show the edges.
As a result of this process, a new volume is available in the Volume tab. Like Dips, it is typical to display Edges over the input data in a group (see Creating a Group) using a semi-transparent colour bar.
Tip: To quickly open the output volume, right-click the process item in the Process tab and click Open Child Volume. Vice versa, you can also open the process from the Volume tab directly. To do this, right-click the volume which was created from a process (indicated in italics) and click Open Parent Process.