Exporting Traces Along Well Path
It is possible to export traces extracted along a well path to the ASCII format.
Export traces along a well path
- In the Control Panel, open the Well tab.
- In the wells tree, select the well(s) that you want to export the traces.
- Right-click the selected well(s), click Export and select Traces along well. The Export Traces Along Wells window will be displayed.
- At Volume, select the volume from which you want to export the traces.
- Type the sample interval for the export at Sample Interval.
Select the interpolation method at Interpolation. Available interpolation methods include Sinc, EdgeDetecting, Langrangian, Linear, Nearest and Spike.
Note: The selected interpolation method is used for vertical interpolation. Horizontal interpolation will always be based on 4-point Lagrangian, EXCEPT that if you select Nearest for vertical interpolation, then horizontal interpolation will also be based on the Nearest method.
- At Format, select whether to export the traces in Seismic Unix or ASCII format.
- Click Export. Type the export directory where the traces will be saved.
Note: Traces will be exported in the selected volume’s native vertical dimension.