Exporting Traces Along Well Path
It is possible to export traces extracted along a well path to the ASCII format.
Export traces along a well path
- In the Control Panel, open the Well tab.
- Select a well or multiple wells to export.
- Right-click the selected well(s) and click Export.
- Select Traces along well....
- The Export Traces Along Wells window will be displayed.
- Volume: Select the volume from which you want to export the traces.
- Sample Interval: Type the sample interval for the export.
Interpolation: Select the interpolation method.
- Edge Detecting
- Note: The selected interpolation method is used for vertical interpolation. Horizontal interpolation will always be based on 4-point Lagrangian, EXCEPT that if you select Nearest for vertical interpolation, then horizontal interpolation will also be based on the Nearest method.
Format: Select the export format.
- Seismic Unix
- Click Export.
- Browse the directory to save the exported traces.
- Type a file name and click Save.
Note: Traces will be exported in the selected volume’s native vertical dimension.