Well Settings and Display
Use the well details panel to make changes that affect the well display in all views.
Summary information is shown when hovering the cursor over the well item in the tree.
Select a well to show its information in the details panel.
- Surface Location: The location of the well in X/Y and latitude/longitude
- Display Name: Choose which well property to use in views: Well name, Number, UWI, Custom Display Name or All.
- Symbol Colour: Select a colour for the well symbol in views
Settings for multiple wells
Update multiple wells by selecting more than one at a time, then changing the settings. Curve selection is different when more than one well is selected.
Tip: Use Shift + click or Ctrl + click to select multiple items.
Section display settings
These display options apply to views when the Use Well’s Settings option is enabled.
- Track width: The width of the curve track displayed along the well.
- Projection distance (m): The maximum distance from a view for the well to be displayed
- Curve chooser: Choose which log curve is shown in views (see Selecting Well Curves).
Class selection: Automatically show a curve matching this class.
- Select the curve class to find from the dropdown box.
- Name filter: Enter text to find a matching curve.
- Display Line: Show the log curve as a line / wiggle.
- Filled Track: Show the log curve as a filled track.
Annotations control the labels and other display features of a well. The annotations section may be collapsed.
Click to show the annotation settings.
- Name: Display the well name, with font size and colour.
- Symbol: Display the well symbol.
- Distance: Display the distance from the well to the view.
- Path: Display the well path, with line thickness and colour.
- Intersections: Display intersections of the well path with the viewed section, with line thickness and colour.
- Markers: Display well markers, with font size.
- Excursion: A multiplier for log curves drawn as lines. Large values will draw curves outside the track width.
- Position: The relative position of the well symbol and name labels.
- Path: Display the well path, with line thickness and colour
- Intersections: Display intersections of the well path with the viewed section, with line thickness and colour
- Open Marker Spreadsheet: Click to view markers in the Well Markers Table (see Opening Marker Classification Sheet).
Note: When importing wells from Kingdom, Insight requires you to manually assign a unit for the curve. The unit field will be left blank until you select a unit.