Analysing (3D SEG-Y)
The next step is where the SEG-Y Loader uses the header mappings to analyse the SEG-Y data and detect problems. For loading 3D data, this step will discover the inline/crossline values in the data, the shape and geographical location of the data (if calculating tie points from X/Y headers) and any invalid data.
Analyse the trace headers
In the Analysis pane, click Start.
- During analysis, the SEG-Y Loader parses the data file to determine spatial extents, increments, and the possible tie points for conversion between inline/crossline and X/Y coordinates (if you have selected the option for the SEG-Y Loader to calculate the tie points from X/Y headers).
- If a gather dimension was specified, its range will also be calculated. At this stage, the SEG-Y Loader will analyse the entire dataset.
- Warnings are displayed at the bottom of the page during analysis.
- If the header mappings are incorrect, click Back to return to the Specify the byte locations of headers window. Go through the analysis results to ensure everything is as expected.
- If no errors are reported, click Next to move to the next step (see Defining a Survey).
Genuine offer of assistance
DUG understands that importing SEG-Y data can be a confusing task.
Whether you are using a trial version or a fully-paid licence, we will help you to import your data to Insight so that you will get the maximum out of your data.
For more information, contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.