Importing Culture Files
If you have ESRI shapefiles (.shp), GeoTIFF images, Kingdom culture (.cul) files or DUG culture (.duculture) files, you can import them into Insight and load these onto the Map View.
- In the Control Panel, go to the Import menu.
- Click Culture.
- Select the culture file(s) to be loaded and click Open.
If the culture file uses a different CRS from the CRS you have defined for the project, the Coordinate Reference System conversion window will be displayed.
Select the type of coordinates
At Type of coordinates, select whether the culture contains Eastings / Northings (i.e. X/Ys) or Latitude / Longitude coordinates.
Convert culture CRS to project CRS
- Click Convert from to select the CRS in which the culture file is defined. This is the original culture CRS which will be converted to the project CRS. The CRS of the project is defined when you create a project (see Creating a Project).
- Select a polygon to constrain the area of the culture.
- Click OK to process the conversion.
Note: If you are importing multiple culture files at the same time, the same conversion will be applied to all files.
To load ESRI Shapefile, Kingdom text-based culture files and DUG's .duculture file in Map View that is already in the project database, see Working with Culture.